The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wilwood Superlites with Knockback springs

GreenGSX

I am developing a simple brake kit for the One Lap VR4 that uses Wilwood Superlites, Evo9 rotors, and custom brackets. All the testing is being done on track and so far its going great. I'm breaking parts and having technical problems that I am working out as I go along. As with the 3000GT brakes we used in 2010 the Wilwoods also suffer from pad knockback on our car. Part of the problem was a cracked hub which made itself known while on track. In an effort to kill as many birds with one stone I also replaced the front wheel bearings and installed knockback springs in the calipers.

Here is an article I wrote detailing how to rebuild the calipers and install the knockback springs.

click

and some selected photo's...

mitsuturbo

Nice!

Send me a set for testing, and i'll tell you how they work out with jackstands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alansupra94

I have been tempted to get a set but with the availability of the Evo8-10 brembo sets, I have been mainly looking at them.

vr4play

What brand spring did you use, Wilwood or something else. My Wilwood calipers do the same thing and I have been debating installing the PFC anti-knockback springs. Do you have a part number?

GreenGSX

I'm sorry I took the picture of the springs and made sure to include the part number on the box in the shot. I just forgot to upload it. I'll fix that tonight but for now here's the photo. I am pretty sure they are the PFC large bore springs. I got them from hrpworld.com. Less then $10 a caliper.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned