The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where do the rear subframe washers go?

I took it apart too long ago and I forgot.

I've watched the boostx install and it tells me that the dimpled washers go in the mustache bar, but I don't see how that's right. The mustache bushings aren't recessed for them. Here's a pic:

Where do the other two sets go? It looks like I should have a third set? One bushing will be left to contact the underbody alone?

Thanks, I got it.

Anyone know the torque specs of the subframe pin? The pin that the subframe bolts to with the three mounting bolts, I couldn't find them anywhere.

Also wondering what rear mounting you guys are running with your struts. I have BC coils and they came with a washer I'm not sure how to include in the factory bolt/lock washer/washer combo. The factory bolt is rusty and in staying with replacing everything that's questionable, I plan to hit up JNZ for a bunch of hardware tomorrow. I'm talking about where the strut mounts to the spindle if you haven't already guessed.

nsin

That ring goes in first, then the A arm strut.

nsin

Yeah i did, exisiting bolts and washers. I was disapointed they didnt include camber bolts for the fronts. I used to my evo

When tightening the mustache bolts the bushings squeeze out. I can't get them to torque spec. Thoughts?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned