The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stereo power wire questions

Lucas03ES

So I am about to tear in to my car to get a few wiring things taken care of. First, would it be safe to run an AEM UEGO, lightbulb(for autometer mechanical boost gauge), Greddy Profec-S, and the alpine CD player off of the factory stereo wire? If not, should I run a separate line from the battery and wire in a relay to the ignition switch?

Second, my wiring for the factory stereo has been burned by a previous owner, and was causing the stereo to short out. So I am going to drop the interior fuse box to try and run new wiring for this so it is all squared away. I tried getting it to drop, but how do I get it out? Im 6' 4" and its really hard to look up there and see what I need to pull. Thanks people!!

holeshotmoe

I looked through the galant electrical manual and couldn't see precisely the method to remove, but looking at this drawing it appears to have a bolt at one end and is hinged at the other. Notice also that there are connectors on the back, which if still connected may be preventing you from swinging it out. Only other thing I would recommend is to pull your battery cable before you start tugging cables...especially considering you might have wires in the harness without insulation.

mikus

test "room" fuse (19 IIRC, in corner) for that short before you go and rewire stuff, to make sure it's after the fuseblock.

I would want a dedicated power source and quality ground source for my wideband, pretty important data there.

Lucas03ES

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I am just going to run a dedicated line from the battery in the trunk up to the stereo and not worry about it. Pulling the fuse block just seems like it would take longer anyways. I have a breaker for the car so I will just trip it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned