The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's a safe reading the for stock water temp gauge?

JamesFoster

Hey guys, I just finished putting my new 2.3L in my galant, and everything seems to run great, but I feel like it might be running a little hot. The factory water temp gauge is getting up near the second line on the gauge, maybe 4
3/4 of the way up. How warm would that be and is if too warm?

As far as cooling fans, I currently only have one spal fan on the pass side of the stock radiator. Would adding another help? I'm just worried about the downpipe/manifold getting it too hot on the driver side.

Thanks in advance.

James

citymunky

You mean a real water temp gauge.

Anyway to answer your question my stock water temp gauge sits a little passed the half way mark. Once you start making your way near the 3/4's mark, you have a cooling problem.

How many CFM's can your Spal push?

Jason G.

By the time it reads hot, it's likely too late.

Personally I've recorded 170-240f on a logger and the gauge never moved from slightly left of the middle area. ymmv.

JamesFoster

Well, tonight I drained the 50/50 coolant and put a mixture of 70/30, and I also installed dual fans with a shroud, so hopefully that will take care of it. I'll update tomorrow to see what I find.

galantrevolution

I have the autometer gauge for the temp and it goes over 210 ,230 but the stock Gauge don't pass tha half way mark

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts