The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear poly suspension bushing install?

I've got the ES rear control arm kit. I burned the old bushings out last night and now I'm wondering what sleeves to cut and what ones do I leave in there?

Also, ES didn't include a slotted (if you will) sleeve for the trailing arm. I'm guessing I should re use the original one?

V faq says to cut them all out, but I found a post on here that said to only cut out some of them. I'm not sure what to do?

jepherz

Staff member
Your best bet is to just see which ones fit with the sleeves in. If you cut them out and the bushing won't fit you are sorta SOL. you could make a tech page on your install for the next person that has this question :)

curtis

Well if you have the rear subframe and mustache brace ones that me and John.... did don't cut the sleeves.

I'm waiting on the bushings from boostx, are those the ones you're referring to?

cut out the control arm bushing sleeves. Leave in the mustache sleeves. Use lube, done deal

nsin

So, cut out the permanent looking rubber around sleeve, and wedge the new bushings in? Is there 4 or 6 subframe locations?

JSchleim18

There are 4 subframe bushings. Technically, two subframe bushings and two mustace brace bushings. The mustache bushings are for the bar that's connected to the rear differential. Remember to save the metal sleeves from your old bushings. Grease the new bushings and tap in with a rubber mallet.

I burned all the rubber out. And torched only the control arm and trailing arm sleeves out. I never took the mustache sleeve out, and if I remember correctly there isn't a sleeve in the subframe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned