The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wanna know "Disc brake - Part ID"

fuel

what do you need to know exactly? they are a fairly commonly used rotor and caliper on that era of Mitsubishis. The Lancer Evolution 1-3 and 7G Galant VR-4 used the same 276mm x 24mm rotors while the brake caliper is shared with the 1G Diamante, and in addition the Lancer Evo1-4, 8G Galant VR-4 N23W RVR Turbo, N33W Chariot Turbo and many others use the same DB1223 brake pads.

Ethan

Fuel, Thz for your reply.

Ah, I would like to explain with story.

What problem I facing is my car didn't have stock brake pad. And, brake pad installed is ... hmmmm, how should I say ? ( Cheap one, did at workshop to fit at rotor). And, it start to damage.

So, I went to workshop ( where I usually visit ) , and, ask them to change it with better one. Problem come out is, they don't know which is suit to mine. And, local shops don't know about VR4. They said " Galant? don't have part for those model" "What, 4WD? R u kidding ? Galant are FF " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif (TIM - This is Myanmar". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

As the result, I couldn't find it. So, I ask workshop to create a new cheap pad and installed it. But, I don't feel well with those pad. When, I drive over 80kph and brake, I sense some kind of vibration from the wheel.

Therefore, I would like to search for better brake pad. We have a shop, which advertise them self as they sold Genuine parts for Mitsubishi. I would like to go and inquiry at there. But, I afraid they will give me the pad which couldn't fit into my car ( use to happen in Myanmar and, part selling shop don't do installation. So, I have to buy it, then, took it to workshop and install at there. If not fit, I can keep that pad in my showcase. No refund!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Or, if I couldn't get suitable part at local. I would like to purchase from abroad. That why, I like to know the ID of parts.

Ah, I don't know much about the car parts.That is my weak points and mechanic here told me that, " Yr car need different size of brake shoe from those, we commonly use " . So, I am confuse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

fuel

I am sure in Myanmar there will be many Mitsubishi models which use the same style of front caliper and same sized rotors that would use the same brake pads. In Australia & New Zealand the common part number for the front is DB1223, but I am unsure if many other countries would use the same part number naming system. Surely you could order the pads online. I can give you the Mitsubishi MB part number if you wish, the same part number would be used for other Mitsubishi models.

Ethan

Thz Fuel,

Please kindly share me the part ID of Mitsubishi ?

Yah, In Myanmar , I know there is same parts. Problem is I am just a Newbie to those, don't know which one is suit for which cars . And, 99% of mechanic and shop sold parts, also don't know. They sell and install parts , imported from China with Label for which car. And, We don't have particular ID system.

PS: Myanmar is ruled by Toyota. Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan etc.. owners have problem having spare part. And, 95% of part seller don't know what is Galant VR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Ethan don't you have some contacts in Bangkok you can contact to source some parts? The galant is still pretty popular over there and theres plenty of parts suppliers that should be able to help you along.

misterfixit

7G galant vr6 uses the same front disks.

Pajero/montero uses the same pads. I posted in your first thread a link to mitsubishi caps online. If you want any of us to check for you and post the numbers please pm your vin number "e39a-xxxxxxx" (from the firewall) and we can give you the numbers straight.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts