The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 VR4 TB to 90 Talon TSi TB?

90tsi

He guys, im new to the forum and my VR4, But im NOT new to DSMs.
However i was curious if theres a way to wire in the TPS Out of a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi?
I just bought my 1991 VR4 and im putting my setup out of my 1990 Talon into the galant, so the talon can have the high horsepower motor.
Im trying to avoid buying a galant TB and Fuel rail.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Michael

mitsuturbo

I thought the 90 TPS has a square 4 port plug on a pigtail, and the 91+ had a 3 wire rectangular plug and no pigtail on the TPS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Edit: I think i misread, earlier. DSM and VR4 TPS is the same, with the exception of the 90 dsm, which is vastly different.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

TPS physically look different but they function the same, but im sure the 91 tps wont bolt on the 90 tb

mitsuturbo

Same function, yes. Vastly different configuration, though.

We all know what a 91+ tps looks like. Here's the 90.

ec3084_full.jpg

Looking at it now, i kinda wish they'd stuck with the 90 setup. That damn throttle closed switch wiring is screwed up on SO many cars i have seen over the years. It'd be nice if it were so simple to just replace it.

Last edited:

beaner

Every dsm i have touched had the throttle switch wire broken, disconnected, misadjusted, missing, etc

I always end up using one of these.

DSCN1735_250x250.JPG

alansupra94

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Same function, yes. Vastly different configuration, though.

We all know what a 91+ tps looks like. Here's the 90.

ec3084_full.jpg

Looking at it now, i kinda wish they'd stuck with the 90 setup. That damn throttle closed switch wiring is screwed up on SO many cars i have seen over the years. It'd be nice if it were so simple to just replace it.

Good thing I went AEM. AEM doesn't care about the closed switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wizardawd

You could just put in a 2g TPS. It has the CTS built in. It's the 4th pin since on the previous models it was unused. Still probably need the CTS just for proper TB adjustment or replace with a bolt.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned