The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got a strange yet hopefully wonderful turbo need advice

so im not super familiar with MHI turbos and info i can find is very conflicting, so ill ask the experts.

Its a 20g for a subaru. it has the older Forced Performance stamp on it. it has a subaru flange right now. the number on the front cover are: 49179-54900

is there a hotside i can use on this to put on a DSM flange? its in perfect shape so im into it.

what do you think?

dsm10o0

Im guessing its a td06? If so you can get a 16g turbine housing machined to fit the bigger td06 wheel

BluFalcon

Got a picture?

The bearing housings on Subaru MHI style turbos use different locations on the housing for water cooling. DSM/Mitsu housing use the top hole on the fore and aft side for water cooling. Subaru uses the top and bottom holes on one side with the other holes blocked off. I'm not sure which side of the Subaru bearing housing has the blocked off holes. If you weren't going to run water lines, then this isn't an issue. The alignment pin for the T/H is in the same position on the MHI style TD05 bearing housings, so a properly clearanced DSM/Mitsu T/H should fit and be aligned correctly. The comp cover would need to be re-clocked to whatever orientation you need for your setup.

BluFalcon

Also something else I forgot, The housing is tapped for a smaller diameter oil feed bolt, so you'll have to change over to a banjo bolt and fitting from a Subaru Oil Feed Line.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned