The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Did some damage to fuel lines and rear brake lines

I was tired and cocky the other morning so instead of jacking up the car by the rear frame rail, I decided to jack it up by it's rear fuel lines and brake lines for some reason.

I indented the rear fuel line a bit and did the same to the brake lines in one shot.

Damage = about 5 lines in total. Car still runs and drives normal in every way but I know this needs to be address.

Are there any bolt on updates for these items or am I going to have to pull out my flaring tool like I did when my Town and Country's brake lines rusted through completely?

I obviously need more sleep. Also, what size lines do I need?

Thanks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Struc

Thanks for your help.

What are the stock line sizes? I figure that I will start with the fuel line and do a repair there first. I figure I can just replace a few inches of brake line and double flare the ends (if that is the right way to do fuel lines). (I know that is how you do the brake lines correctly). My brakes still work fine. They are more important than the fuel line obviously but I am worried about leaning out and not knowing it for now.

mitsuturbo

Well, since you damaged the fuel line, now's probably a good time to just upgrade it all to -6 AN. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Struc

The brake line is 3/16" stock - same as I sent you the link for.

The fuel line link has line that is larger than stock. I just have rubber push loc hose clamped over it at each end to make the transition to a fitting.

BTW... One 25' roll will do both rear brake lines to the prop valve. Same goes for fuel line & return line - 25' roll for both.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned