The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

refurbishing the rear subframe

While I have mine out I plan to paint, install some poly bushings, and eccentric bolts. I was also thinking about wheel bearings and ball joints as well, sound like its worth it? I know the bearings are a good idea, but I think I can get away with the ball joints I have...

The rest of the rubber looks good, even the mustache bushings, but they are included with the poly sub bushings. What do you think?

Ordered some ES sway bar, upper, and lower control arm bushings and wheel bearings. Still thinking about ball joints...

DynastyLCD

last year i did a partial rear subframe overhaul. i tried to knock out as much as i could afford to at the time. i did custom upper and lower control arms, poly bushings, toe eliminator, sway bar relocation, poly sway bar bushings, custom end links, and i was very happy with the results. the poly bushings will make your rear end very noisy, if you have a carrier bearing that's worn, or a driveshaft bearing, or even an unsprung clutch, get ready for the decel noises. after the work i did, it felt like it handled a world better. the car stays planted, also has k-sport coilovers.

next up to tackle is the wheel bearings, and then its going to stay like that for awhile. you'll be happy after you complete all that work. i felt a dramatic difference afterwards, going from a 140k subframe to a revised and restored version.

I'm going with the softer poly subframe bushings from boostx, which did you go with? I'm assuming that would cause most of the increased nvh?

DynastyLCD

ah jeez, i forgot which ones. they were green. i think it was the tunersnation ones. bought them last winter. there was no option for stiffness, they were all the same.

yes, i would agree that the poly bushings were the leading cause of increased NVH. maybe the softer ones will change that?

citymunky

tunersnation and boostx rear sub-frame bushings are one and the same.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned