The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cool guy parts that need fixin'

ducttapeguy

Hey all, I just got some stuff back from Alan(Whoodoo)who took care of my Galant and some other stuff for me while I was deployed. One of those things is my full HKS turbo kit. Its sitting here on my floor and Im looking at it trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it. I want to get it rebuilt and nice and pretty, before it either goes back on my Galant or to the For Sale section. Where can I send this heavy hunk of hawtness for a rebuild/refurbish?

img.php

img.php

Any ideas?

beaner

If you're looking for performance it's probably not worth bothering with considering what you can buy now. But damn that's nostalgic as f***. PM me if you want to sell it.

Jesus_Negros

Get in contact with Justin aka JusMX121 on tuners here is a link to his profile click

jmorri15

+1 for justin. he rebuilt my 18g and even milled it out to a 20g for a few dollars more. great deal and he did it really quickly.

Nate

I miss that kit, even though there are much more efficient offerings out there today. I kind of wish I hadn't left it on the car when I sold it to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. What makes you think thr turbo needs to be rebuilt? As for restoring it, take all of the cast iron and have it re-coated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for taking good care of that car, Tyler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ducttapeguy

It probably doesnt need to be rebuilt, but I would feel better knowing that it is 100% good to go. I does have a rather large crack in the pipe on the backside of the kit and it did sit for a long time. Its mainly for peace of mind. Once I get it back from the shop for tuning and a once over, I am going to detail the hell out of it and try to work up a nice Members Rides post. Im super excited to have it back and 100% and actually get to drive it all over the place. Its been way too long

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned