The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Blew my FP green.. WTF.. Any suggestions?

thedsmguy

I think I'm going to rebuild this with the help of a friend who has successfully rebuilt many 14b and 16g turbo's anything we should watch out for? Its bearings went a little south and the fins just barely started touching the compressor housing. I think its very rebuildable still.

Should I change my oil feed from the head to the oil filter housing? If so, should I put a oil resistor in the line? The kit I should buy would be for a tdo6 housing right?

Thanks!!
Any suggestions are very welcome.

turbowop

The FPgreen should be fed oil directly from the oil filter housing, as per FP. It is actually one of the only turbos out there (along with the Red) specifically designed this way, due to the larger thrust bearing. That is how I ran mine, and it worked awesome.

Brunoboy

it needs higher oil pressure so OFH is where its supposed to be fed from.

thedsmguy

Then that is where my mistake was made. Hopefully someone else reads this and learns something.

Hopefully rebuilding it isn't to tough!

Thanks.

Okayplayer

Rebuilding isn't hard but since you are using a nicer turbo, I would spend the extra money and get it balanced.

Jesus_Negros

Pretty sure a .070 restrictor is ran on the one I gave my friend. It's the older version of the FPgreen and had been beat on from 20-27psi and raced every week.

thedsmguy

TraderGreg and FP do not sell rebuild kits. FP wants $410 to rebuild it. Any ideas on where to get it rebuilt other then Justin on tuners? I'm going to PM him soon.

JNR

try click

they did a good job on my balancing and reassembly of my turbo and IIRC, carry parts or can get them for many different ones.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Justin will charge you 1/3 of FP's price with a good turn around. The FPgreen is a mix of mitsu and Garrett parts so there probably isnt a single kit for it (Came with a T04E50 compressor and TD06 housing).

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

try Gpop shop for a kit or Kamak Dynamics, Ive done business with Kamak and they are really good quality kits.

Okayplayer

I've used Turbo International for my turbo rebuilds. They send you quality oem parts and they have all the parts you need that you can buy individually. click

Jason G.

pj91gsx on tuners rebuilds them as well. He may be even cheaper than Justin.
I got a 20G completely rebuilt, new shaft, wheels, bearings for 220.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I found a fpgreen recently that probably needs a rebuild. I spoke with Amber at FP and she said $410 was the basic rebuild.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts