The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheel bearing part number confirmation?

Rock auto claims this is the part number for the rear: (using amazon because you can't link rock)

click

That's not right though is it? We don't have the option to just swap the hubs out correct?

And here is what I have found for the front:

click

click

click

Terry Posten

click

Go to top of post if nessissary.

Called today, $330, pricey, but I might have to do it.

Am I right in thinking that I can't just swap the hub? Now that I have it torn apart, I don't see why not?

donkeylips

Do you mean like how on some cars (such as the 2g dsm front hubs) you can just unbolt the entire hub assembly and replace it? Because you can't do that with any of ours. You'll have to remove the front knuckles and have the bearings pressed out. You should be able to remove the rear hubs and bearings on the car though.

Yeah, the rear is what I'm working on now, looks like I can just pull the hub with the bearings out and swap in a new one?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned