The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

steel brake line repair!!!!

adamvr4

hey, i have a leak on the steel brake line that goes from the engine to the rear wheel. the leak is right in front of the rear driver side wheel. would it be best to replace the whole line or just cut it and replace the half thats leaking. Just to let u guys know i never done this before so its a new project for me. It would be nice to get your input or any ways of doing it so it would be easier. THANKS

SouthCaliVR4

You could use a union to repair it BUT it'll probably start leaking again in a new spot. Beg borrow steal a double flare tool & get a hard line from the auto parts store. use a large socket to make the bends & use your old one as a guide. they do make a fancy bending tool but none of the bends are all that tight. You'll need the flaring tool if you need to shorten the line. Dont forget to put on the nut before you flare.

rdomeck

You can get close with the metal lines and a union or two from the auto parts store. Napa is generally good to purchase from as they have them in a rack out on the floor. Remember you can put a bend or two extra in the line if you do not want to flare the lines yourself.

Flaring the lines can be a frustrating experience if you have not done them before. Get a good set of line wrenches and pull your old one out. Good luck

desant78

If you are unfamiliar with the process Google it, it is easy. The flare kit you can borrow for free from most auto parts stores like auto zone or advance. They require a deposit but pay it back in full when you return the tool. I would cut past the leak and flare the end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned