The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Powersteering stopped working after 4ws delete. Help

dmj

So I did the 4ws delete and replaced the oem p/s resevoir with a fwd dsm unit now I have no p/s. Rack lines capped as per Vfaq.P/S belt is not slipping and pump spins freely.What I have noted so far is (1) that the fluid does not seem to be circulating as it does not get hot.(2)On the oem filler bottle the hose to the pump was at the bottom of the bottle but on the dsm bottle this hose sits at the top.I cannot reuse the oem resevoir as it was leaking fluid. The p/s worked fine before the delete. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

curtis

air bubbles ....bleed the system....

turbojew

yeah you gotta add fluid and turn the wheel all the way to each side over and over til it evens out.

dmj

Bled the system, no air bubbles. Steering is fine when wheels are off the ground Pita when on the ground. Took apart the p/s pump this morning ,no debris and superclean. I am going to replace all the o rings and the seal anyway then flush the filler bottle as it was the only item I replaced before this happened. I cleaned it before it was installed ,maybe I did not do a good job. If this does not work the the rack comes off.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Are you sure you hooked up the two hoses correctly to the reservoir?

dmj

Using the dsm resevoir the hoses can only be installed 1 way, the larger diameter outlet on the bottle sits above the smaller outlet and goes to the p/s pump the smaller diameter hose goes to the line in front of the radiator. This is unlike the GVR4 bottle which has the p/s feed on the bottom of the bottle.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned