The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sitting motor

The_Big_Weave

Got a galant the other day from a guy doing a GSX swap. He never got around to finishing it and the car sat for 3 years. The motor only has 40k, oem Mitsubishi rebuild. I got the motor started and it runs fine. Wondering if I need to worry about oil pump or anything interal? Doing a timing belt kit when I pull it for a CSM swap.

alansupra94

Quoting The_Big_Weave:
Got a galant the other day from a guy doing a GSX swap. He never got around to finishing it and the car sat for 3 years. The motor only has 40k, oem Mitsubishi rebuild. I got the motor started and it runs fine. Wondering if I need to worry about oil pump or anything interal? Doing a timing belt kit when I pull it for a CSM swap.

For me, if the motor was fully assembled, I can't see anything really going bad, especially if it runs fine. I would recommend changing the spark plugs, cleaning the injectors and all the belts. I would also check for oil/coolant leaks (especially if the BSR was done).

Anyone else want to chime in?

KiNgMaRtY

It should be fine, about the same difference when a car sits for years and then gets stated back up. May just want to do some of the fluid changes and such as mentioned, plugs wires...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned