The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How do iget to the windshield wiper linkage?

transparentdsm

open the hood, grab a flat head screw driver and there are two plastic vent style things, push in the cut out areas of the vents and lift upward. remove and the wiper linkage is directly under there. if you can not figure it out from there i would suggest bringing it to a place where they can handle this properly as this is something you do not want to half ass and have break while your driving in a rain/snow storm.

Fukenvr4

So to get it out i still have to open the the vnt like plastics or just the 2 square openings covered by a plastic?

DR1665

I'm pretty sure the way to get the bits out is through those little "ports" at the base of the windshield, man. Without having disassembled it myself - but having removed the wipers, motor, panels, and cowl trim - I can see how it might be tricky. Have you checked the FSM for more detailed instructions? If not, you can grab a copy via the Library link at the top of this page.

Good luck.

Fukenvr4

thanks for the help guys.. looks like a very easy job to do...but the only problem im having is this 2 vent looking cowls that wont come off. used screw drivers and played with the ta tabs on the side but still wouldnt come off...please help

mr.mitsu

Does this help?

fa23865b.jpg

Fukenvr4

Thank you Mr.Mitsu...those are alot of info that i need to proceed with the work.. just one question about the vent like cowls ..what is the best way to pry those out..I noticed there were like 3 tabs on the side of them.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.. im currently using a flat head screw driver and its scratching the side of it..what other tools can i use to make is easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mr.mitsu

I've never removed it so I couldn't give you any advice...only be careful lol

How about a body trim removal tool?

misterfixit

Wrap some screwdriver ends with electrical tape and use these to pry it out after you've depressed the clips.
You will need to unhook it all the way round then pull them level up and towards the front of the car.

make sure to dump the wiperarms and the long black trim first. If you have a freind who can help, call them in too, you need like 4 hands.

Rich

Fukenvr4

Just one question here Misterfixit..First of all thank you for all the help... I noticed there are 3 clips on the side of the vent looking plastic facing the motor and three slot facing the windshield..Do i pry just the three slots facing the windshield?...thanks

misterfixit

It's a bit of a bugger. Hence I suggested many screw drivers.

Quick question, do you have a u-pull near you? I would go practice on a car that isn't the one you want to keep.

If I remeber correctly the clips are on the front and back and there's only just enought clearnce to lift it up. I think i did mine on the middle cips and the pair at the one end so I could get a spacer under the free end, then worked on the pair on the other end to lift it all the way out.

On the green car when I stripped it I broke one, so had to get it knew.

I think practice on a scrap car will defo help. they are buggers for sure.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned