The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mitsu techs chime in. Need help. Wiper problems

Fukenvr4

I am a new owner of a 91 gvr4. I love the car. But this wiper problem is just pissin me off. Everything works as far as the wiper is concern. The wiper works , intermitent works. But once you turn it off it stops at 12 oclock, doesnt go down. I have to manually stop the car and shut it off so that i could push the wpers to its original resting position. Some told me that it was the motor, wiper relay, or maybe it just needs to be reset. I just have no idea. So please help. Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

DynastyLCD

for the hell of it, try removing the wiper arms where they bolt on. now run the wipers once, so they come back to their resting position. now bolt your wiper arms back on.

curtis

I'd say relay or the wiper control stalk at the wheel. Its on the passenger side of the firewall has a little plastic cover on it ....I found one for mine on a starion so probably on other mitsubishi's as well.

misterfixit

Pull the wiper motor off the firewall.
Undo the two bolts that hold the motor can to the body of the motor.
Flip the motor can 180degrees
Put the bolts back in.
Put the mototr back on the firewall.
Try it now.

Had the same happen to me after rebuilding the motor on the flooded Lancer I have. drove me crazy so I just changed stuff round till it worked again. Permanent magnet motor should now stop in the right position.

If it's not this the arm might be bolted on 180degrees out also.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts