The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSMlink on Evo's, whose done it?

Brunoboy

I wanna put Ecmlink into an Evo VIII, who here has done it?

Brunoboy

Because I'm more user friendly with ecmlink.....I already have knowledge and programs on my laptop.

alansupra94

*still scratching head*

So rather than learn how to tune AFRs based on load and IAT like you are suppose too you want to some how how solder in the eprom from DSMLink into a EVO VIII ECU.

tumblr_ltw08rhrCq1qfu4tho1_500.jpg

Brunoboy

you dont solder anything. they sell patch harness to swap the ecus, and today I just talked to Thomas at Ecmlink, he said a year for EvoLink, but at the moment, they modify the 2g ecu to be plug and play with an Evo VIII.
-Shane

transparentdsm

unno shane i would wait the year for the evolink. i mean why spend all that extra money to just end up buying the evolink in a year anyway.. now if you had the 2g ecu and the plug and play and the ecmlink then sure because it doesn't cost you anything to do it, but i dont see it being reasonable because you know the second that evolink comes out your gonna buy it. i would save the money and buy parts to build it up in a year when link coms out for it. that or just learn to tune the evo ecu, cant be that hard.... that just my 2 cents..

Shane

alansupra94

So basically you just like the sliders?

Why not avoid all these problems and just read up on how to tune a car. That way you can run whatever you want?

Rather save money by learning. That is how I got my AEM EMS for my Galant for $400 and $150 for my Supra.

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:

You tune Link based off of Load. Its called V3. And lots of people have been swaping 2g ecu's into there evo just to run link. It more user friendly the evo flash and evo scan

Last edited:

alansupra94

User friendly in what way? Just looks nicer?

I am just not really comprehending the reason paying all this exact money instead of just learning the system that you have for free.

transparentdsm

^^^ ding ding ding ding we have a winner. thats what im saying and then when EVOLINK comes out and if you dont like the evo 8 ecu tuning then buy evolink.

Brunoboy

Alright, I'll look into the ecuflash more.

transparentdsm

im just trying to save you some money Shane. id look into it before you go spending money that isnt really needed to be spent.

Brunoboy

That's true and I appreciate that. Thanks again

4thStroke

I'm a big fan of ECMLink, but there is no talking sense into people when they don't even know how ECMLink works, so I'm going to bite my tongue and walk away.

citymunky

Quoting Brianawd:
Quote:

You tune Link based off of Load. Its called V3. And lots of people have been swaping 2g ecu's into there evo just to run link. It more user friendly the evo flash and evo scan

You mean pass DSM owners swapped 2g ecu's into there new EVO's.

transparentdsm

Quoting 4thStroke:
I'm a big fan of ECMLink, but there is no talking sense into people when they don't even know how ECMLink works, so I'm going to bite my tongue and walk away.

don't do that, this is for everyone to add there 2 cents and I'm a huge fan of link, I'm just saying is it really cost efficient for him to go out buy a 2G ecu, adapter, and then get link for a 2g, when he is going to get EVOLINK when it comes out anyway?

alansupra94

Quoting citymunky:
Quoting Brianawd:
Quote:

You mean pass DSM owners swapped 2g ecu's into there new EVO's.

Whoosh, the joke just went over you head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I had a V3 and I know what it is capable of. I also know the price tag it came with so I sold it for a AEM EMS.

citymunky

Not really, I got what you were saying.

Brunoboy

working on it, very soon, since gas is going up right now, im chilling out til it settles and see where i am at aha.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned