The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Maf Translator vs 2g Maf

ary

hi,i need to know Maf Translator vs 2g Maf 609 witch one better use or more power? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

1uGlyGalaNt

The maximum power you can achieve is about the same between 2g MAS and GM MAF. You can get more power out of a 3g/EVO MAS. USe the 2g/3g/EVO MAS for driveability and to do things correctly. Use the GM MAF if you really want to vent your bov. I sell adapter harnesses for all the above applications. Let me know if you want one.

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

^^ Ecmlink wiki doesn't exactly agree with this one. MafFrequencies But IDK, I've never moved more air than a 2g Mas can read when I was using my GM maf.

Diego

Crushing the BOV and "Dodge Modding" will give you a nice flutter sound like venting to the atmosphere.

ary

thanks a lot guys for information,now i can get truth power from my galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifany buddy hve injen intake pipe for sell?PM me.

EMX5636

I think I'm in the minority, but I daily drove my Eclipse GSX for about 2 years, and then about a year in my Galant with a MAF-T in it. NO temperature running changes, no weird idle or stall characteristics. I still have it, and if I ever come back from speed density, that's what I'll go back to. It's much cleaner/nicer than the EVO/2G maf in the intake. I'm actually waiting on some support for the EVO X maf, when/if that ever happens, probably the hot ticket!

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Diego:
Crushing the BOV and "Dodge Modding" will give you a nice flutter sound like venting to the atmosphere.

The my dodge mod doesn't flutter.

Diego

^ not to say you're not correct, hell we both could be correct for all I know....

But Bryan, (Galantvr4559, and his friend) both have the "DodgeMod" and they both flutter... both 1G BOVs, crushed, filled and drilled..

Just stating what I have seen and heard.

EMX5636

I think it's usually the crushing that makes them "flutter" at lower boost levels more than the dodge mod. But I've seen both go either way.

donniekak

A 2g maf supports around 50 lbs/min of airflow, or around 500 whp. A 3" gm maf supports over 70 lbs/min. If you go up to the 3.5, or 4" maf, you can measure enough airflow for over 1,000 horsepower.

MegaSuiter

Being able to adjust what injector size with the maf-t is kind of nifty. I mean does it really matter your car knowing what size injectors it has?

transparentdsm

MAFT is the way to go unless your running speed density. it has better airflow and better readings not to mention if you like the BOV sound you get it...

SEAN835

Basically the car's computer has been tuned to work with 450cc injectors(and i'm just talking from an idle stand-point). If u put larger injectors in the computer will at first operate them like the 450's. Then it will see an over rich (too much fuel) a/f ratio from the O2 sensor. Then it will try to get everything back to normal. It will probably think something is broken, then run in "safe" mode if run at all. The MAF-T plays with the signal going from the airflow sensor to the computer and then the injectors. If the computer thinks it is getting "less" air it will then inject "less" fuel. Which is really handy if you have an injector that wants to squirt out more fuel. So the car actually uses whatever air it normally would, then "less" fuel from a bigger injector. Kinda like 0 = -1 +(+1)

MuffinMan7580

Quoting MegaSuiter:
Being able to adjust what injector size with the maf-t is kind of nifty. I mean does it really matter your car knowing what size injectors it has?

Yes. On the stock ECU, the airflow signal (which is what most piggyback computers ,like a MAF-T or S-AFC, modify to adjust for different size injectors) controls both fuel and timing.

Galantvr4559

I have been running my gm maf and maft set up for over a year on my gvr4 and I love it. U have more intake options and I dig the bov sound. Crushing the stock 1g bov will make it flutter under low boost and if you add the dodge mod it will flutter alot more. I have both mods done to my bov and it flutters like a pig under low boost but sounds like a tial squelch under heavy boost.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts