The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECU wires

Lucas03ES

So I am repairing the previous install of an SAFC on my ECU, and I noticed there is two large brown/wht wires that are taped up in to a bundle or wires that lead directly to the ECU and the grounding point. Is this OEM? It just appears a little funky to me, and I would like to make sure it is right. Also, a grn/wht wire comes out of the brown wires, and instead of heading into the ECU it loops back up and ends up dangling with a single spade connector by the relay on the bottom side of the glove box. Where is this supposed to be connected to? Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Lucas03ES

I have been looking at that, and it doesn't do much good for my question. I pulled the electrical tape off and it seemed it has been there a while, and was wider than normal electrical tape, so its almost leading me to believe that it is oem. Pin #4 (Oxygen sensor) runs up into the bundle, has a three way crimp and rubber boot on it, one end leads into brown wire 1 and the other is the grn/wht wire. Pin #9 runs straight in to brown wire 2. The ground runs up into the same rubber crimp dealio, and one shielded ground goes in to brown wire 1, and one unshielded ground goes in to each of the brown wires. This just appears a bit strange to me.

Lucas03ES

Resampled_2012-01-05_19-21-06_635.jpg

grocery_getter

Thats factory, you can leave it alone. Can you post pitures of the dangling connector that you found?

Lucas03ES

You can actually see it in this picture. It is the grn/wht wire running out of those factory crimps. It runs out of there, up in to the ecu loom, and then cuts across after about 5" in to the wiring that goes to the metal relay looking thing directly under the glove box, but just has that white connector at the end that you can see in the picture. The previous owner also had a wire tap in that wire that I will be removing once I figure out where it goes to. Thanks for the help!!

grocery_getter

Ah, it is at the bottom left of the pictures. It wasn't obvious enough the first time around. Trying to help with wiring over the net is hard enough, especially if the illustration/picture is not descriptive and clear. Now that I looked at it closer, you barely even have the blue from the vampire connector showing at the corner of the picture.

Anyway, looking at the wiring picture, and comparing it to ecu wiring diagram shows the green/white wire to be the oxygen sensor check connector. It is factory. It is not connected to anything factory wise. It is just a check connector. That tap is just the previous guy trying to read the factory O2 sensor.

Last edited:

Lucas03ES

Awesome, that answer was exactly what I was looking for. Yeah, I tried to be as descriptive as possible with it. I really appreciate you looking in to this and helping me out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned