The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clevite

Spyder

So my brother got me some Eagle H-Beams for Christmas. SCORE!! I was wondering if anyone on the board has used Clevite77 bearings / rebuild kits for the 4g63?

Also, where is the best place to get 2g pistons?

Thanks.

donniekak

You are going to need aftermarket pistons with grooves for locks for the wrist pins, as they float in the eagle rods, instead of press fit like stock.

Lukefraizer

I think that is what he was asking. And it all depends on if you are going stroker or not. I got most of my stuff off of maperformance.com/tunersnation.com there are tons of places to get stuff though. It is just finding what you like.

Luke

Spyder

I am not planing on doing a stroker, More money than I have available. I was told it was better to get 2g pistons instead of going with 1g. I didn't know about the wrist pin deal on the eagle rods, thanks for that tip. I would have been wasting a lot of time.

I mainly was wondering on suggestions for pistons and if anyone has had any experience using Clevite bearings in the 4g63. I know NASCAR uses them but I don't know about using them in a boosted application.

Thanks.

BrandonEchols

No personal experience, but I remember reading somewhere that Clevites with our motors was a recipe for disaster.

89Mirageman

Just my opinion but I would go with oem or acl's over the clevites.

HKS_VR4

Don't use Clevite! Had a Clevite bearing fail on my 2g..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned