The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo fins all over the place

Brunoboy

So my compressor wheel ate itself up . I had pieces all over the inside of the fmic, I emptied it out and I hosed it out with no more noise when I shake the intercooler. Bad thing is I ran the car for a bit before I realized this. What's the odds there is metal in my motor?

turbowop

Pretty slim if the core is internally finned like most modern cores are. Not good, but yer motor is probably okay since you emptied out the chunks.

Terry Posten

Very minimal. Once the wheel ate itself, the air volume was drastically reduced. Chances of metal getting through the small fins and all the way up through the TB is very small.

Brunoboy

Its a OEM Evo VIII core, I have just shook out everything, and tilted it to one side and flushed with water. Now its outside to dry. I did see very small metal specs in the upper IC but not sure how much got into it. Any other ways that to clean out the IC?
-Shane

Brunoboy

ok, i will hook up a blt to it and hit the gas station to blow it out. thanks
-Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned