The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

starts,idles and than stalls

ok, i just recently purchased number 61/1000 with no motor, trans, tcase. i put one in that i took from my eclipse. the motor is all new with about 1000 mile on it and ran great in the other car. it has dks 272 cams and big t28 and evo8 mas. i put all that into the galant and it starts but stalls out after about 3 sec. ive jumped the fuel pump and can hear it on and still have the problem. check just about everything and fixed alot of harness and still the same. boost leak tested and found no leaks. unplugged the mas and the car runs perfect but rich. i also knoticed a miss when the mas is plugged in while driving. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what they found. i checked the harness to the mas and couldnt see anything wrong. is their something with that mas swap and the ecu i didnt know about?

im going to try new gas this week as well because i dont know how old it is and saw it has a dran plug so it would be easy to get that stuff out.

any help will be great, thank you

cheekychimp

Are you using a different ECU in the Galant than you were using in the other car?

yes, im running the one that was in the galant, i had a fwd one in the other car. i already opened it and checked and couldnt find any leaks. i have another one that is eprom and will try that as well. i did knotice that the one in it wasnt eprom and in a dsm housing instead a gvr4 housing.

beaner

The other ecu must have had an eprom chip compensating for the evo maf, unless you had a safc. Evo maf and stock ecu isn't going to work. Only way I could see that working is if you had large injectors 'canceling' it out, but even then your timing would be absurd.

ok, ll have to call my buddy and have him look in the other ecu and let me know. i didnt think that was an eprom one, but i never opened it. i will have to swap out the ecu's because i have a chip tuned in the one for a evo mas. that could very well be my problem than. thank you. ill let you guys know friday after i get back to work where the car is.

cheekychimp

Easier option if you are only running a T28 would be to just get a Galant MAS. Was your FWD a 3G? If so that would account for why it worked before since the EVO MAS and 3G MAS are so close in flow you can pretty much just swap between them.

no, my fwd was a 1st gen as i took everything from the engine, including that and just swapped it over. i have an evo 3 engine in it.

figured it out, it was a combo of bad gas and the ecu, swapped both and car runs great. thanks guys

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned