The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rebuilding a 4 bolt rearend

thedsmguy

Well, my rearend seems to have a lot of play and clunks and wubwubwubs on decell. I think its worn out. Any articles on how to rebuild one of these? Should I just find a better pumpkin and swap it in there, I assume my axles are still fine to use?

Thanks.

SleepinGVR4

Why not take it to a shop and have it shimmed up? And fix anything else that maybe be wrong.

I've had this done twice now on two different diffs.

SleepinGVR4

I paid a little over $100 to get mine done. But I had him replace the companion flange seal and both axle seals while he was re-shimming it.

For me its cheaper to have my rear diff built because I figure that after I pay for a used diff and shipping it may still need work that the seller wasn't aware of or didn't mention.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned