The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Punishment Racing T3 Twin Scroll manifold

WaRrIoRs16

Has anybody used this manifold on thier vr4? I'm curious as to whether it will fit with an hx35 with the outlet facing up, or if I'll have to modify my ETS FMIC setup to accommodate it facing down like the DSMs.
img.php

WaRrIoRs16

I found some pictures, it's not looking like it will fit.

onesickcrx

When JMF did my VR4 exhaust manifold they had to move one of the wastegates and change up the configuration to make it fit compared to normal dsm setup. Hope this helps

WaRrIoRs16

Yeah I seen the manifold JMF has for the GVR4, I just would rather not mess with my exhaust too much. I just read through your build thread and I was really impressed, then wanted to cry. I think I'm going to go with the punishment racing manifold, but I don't think it will all fit with my 1g radiator in the stock location. I'm planning on removing my A/C this Christmas break(I never use it), relocating my alternator(200amp Saturn) to the back, and trying to slide the 1g radiator in where the condenser was located. Hopefully then the manifold will fit easily, and I will be able to run the hotside intercooler pipes below the manifold with the turbo facing down.

onesickcrx

Thanks yea sh*t happens just keep it moving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you move the rad up like your saying I'm sure the Punishment one would work just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

WaRrIoRs16

Well I initially saw a thread on here where someone slid a 1g radiator in where the condenser is, that's not going to happen, at least with my 1g Fluidyne. I went ahead and ordered the JMF T3 divided manifold from extremepsi with the egt port and tial f38mm wastegates since I have a egt setup and already have a tial 2 bolt flange 38mm wastegate. I'll pretty confident I'm going to need to move my radiator and since I suffer cooling issues with a full size radiator now, I'm going to opt out of the half radiator and just go with the scirocco radiator from summit racing. I'm not excited to build the o2 housing though lol.

i have my trubo going down and running a 1st gen est front mount with short route piping and a civic half size radiator. its tight. i had to wire the slim fan to push the air instead of pulling. i will eventually do a tread on my build sense ive done it from a shell pretty much and had to custom make just about everything. including the 4in alloy exhaust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned