The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Damaged front front knuckle / 92 Talon knuckle fits??

Both GRV4 and 92 Talon share the same knuckle??....same caliper localisation??

I only want to swap the knuckle and stay with the 4 lugs/disc/caliper set-up....

Will it fit??

tnahks

al

jepherz

Staff member
I haven't ever proved it myself, but everyone says the steering arm on the knuckles are at different heights to compensate for the different stock ride heights between AWD and FWD. Your best bet is to get a knuckle from a vr4 or swap both knuckles to the FWD units.

gtluke

IIRC there are 4, DSM fwd, DSM awd, galant fwd, galant awd
I put on DSM fwd as they lower the rod end the most, which gives the most accurate steering on my lowered car.

seems like i'll have to get a knuckle from the Us....there's no galant here in canada

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Eagle 2000 GTX AWD, Eagle 2000 FWD, but you know that. They may have what matches to a FWD or AWD Galant option as listed above.

pauleyman

d27a and gvr4 are the same part numbers. Doesn't anybody use caps/asa? Very easy to cross reference.

pauleyman

And FWD are not the same. Only awd are the same. No I don't know the difference. Given there is a ride height difference I'd guess steering length/height. I would imagine they would interchange. What would it change? I don't know. You could always measure a set.

2000 Gtx aren't listed nywhere around here....I haven't see any 2000GTX for many years now...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I did the research on this years ago, and posted pictures too, but can't find them on here.

The knuckles themselves are the same for like vehicles (AWD or FWD) but different from each other. The steering arm angle is what is different. The FWD has less rise, but I can't remember the amount.

I installed these on my lowered car to help the steering arm alignment stay level.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts