The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

holset turbo with standard T3 housing?

I'm thinking of switching turbos and I've read some good things on the holset turbo's and was wondering if you can get them with a regular T3 non wastegate .63 a/r housing with a 4-bolt downpipe side? I'm thinking of either the HY35 or HX35 I currently have a PTE 6057 billet that is blowing oil so it is in need of a rebuild plus it is pretty laggy, do you think either of these would be an improvement? I'm also thinking of the newer PTE CEA 5431 any opinions on this one? I want something that has a little more response without having to switch my whole exhaust setup.
thanks,
ed

Last edited by a moderator:

85tr

I have a hx35 8 blade that i built a manifold for , have had a bit of fitment issues with the rest of the setup. I have posted pics in the past .

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned