The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump question (2g awd dsm) Ugly pictures.

thedsmguy

So, I pulled this from a car that was sitting for 6 years! Unbelievable. The motor actually runs with starting fluid (no fuel to the rail "see below"), the prev owner claimed a headgasket failure but with a little cranking with a hot battery and some light oil in the cylinders it gave me 140psi compression, I did not do another since I got it to fire. It seemed to run fairly well and the turbo is 100% crap so I think they saw smoke and assumed the HG was bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

My big question is this, When I pulled the soft fuel lines of the sending unit under the rear seat (I think these are return lines?) One of them has positive pressure and was spitting fuel out at a decent pace, that was the one where the nipple is facing the drivers seat, the other one was dry (I think that must be the vent??). What would cause the return line to have pressure from the tank outwards?

My plans are to swap the gas tank out with a non sludged up one, as well as the fuel pump and hanger. I assume these injectors should be cleaned/tested before being ran? Any other suggestions?
img.php

img.php

img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts