The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GALANT PROBLEM

DR1665

Not enough information to really offer any advice, man.

Looks like idle is where it should be, though the dropping like that isn't right (obviously). Does it act this way once it's warmed-up? How does it drive, otherwise? Is the coolant temp sensor working? Do you have a datalogger to see what the ECU is seeing from the sensors? Did you recently perform any modifications?

Well, start with the normal stuff. Pull plugs, check injectors, compression etc. You might want to re-set the idle as well. Dosen't seem to miss when you rev it? Does it do weird sh*t when you drive?

When cold it does not ... it makes when heated. I checked all the cables are well injectors, compression is good.
It is interesting that when hooking up a computer, it shows that everything is OK.
When i drive it ... the problem is gone,engine sounds perfect...the problem is when the car stopt, and after 1,2 minute problem appears.
Could it be throttle ???...

bazeng

Id say it is your biss adjustment on your tb. The idle screw was probably set cold. Get it to completely warm up, gnd your timing connector in you engines bay and adjust the screw on your throttle body. vfaq.com will show you the exact procedure. Basically when cold, your cold start is allowing enough air through to idle at 1k rpm. Once the cold start disables, your idle drops. You need it to cold start around 1.5+ k rpm and idle at 800 when warm.

Last edited:

broxma

IAC, intake leak, BISS screw would be my guess. Do what Baz says.

/brox

desant78

i had the same issue and went through the vfaq and it solved the issue. When the car was cold, the car ran a little rich and the problem never occured. Once the car warmed up, and went into a "closed loop" using the engine temp, all hell broke loose and I had the same problem.

In the end, i got the block off plate for the FIAV and installed it on my throttle body, and had to adjust the BISS (throttle body screw). As always make sure your timing is set correctly and your TPS is set up correctly too.

p.s. what do you mean you hooked up a computer and it said everything was fine? if you have a logger, can you post some information while you were idling?

Good luck!

I dont have logger.
We made a diagnosis in computer service and showed that everything is okay ... this is impossible because my car die at idle. sh*t !!!!!!

Is it possible to have a boost leak or vacuum leak somewhere ....????

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned