The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

whats your take on my o2?

jnava

Staff member
This morning, I woke up feeling great and decided to pull the old 14b and drop in the e316g and found a few issues. One was a bit unusual, it was the exhaust manifold to turbo gasket.
IMAG0465.jpg

So once I took off the shields and pulled the turbo, I found out that the whole dumped wastegate wasn't an aftermarket one. Check this out, plus the unscrewed bolt is exactly how it was when I pulled the shield off.
IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

The way the 02 was used basically could explain all the soot on the alts an probably explains the reason why I have gone through 3 units. How often do you see such an 02 like this one? Well, at least I'm fixing the issues.

Last edited:

dsm10o0

Home made o2 dumps. Lol

I made one before but I extended the dump tube down to avoid frying the alt.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Wow, never seen that one before. EEP.
Yes, that would definitely heat the alternator in waves sequenced directly with bleed off.

GSX_TC

But it had the Mad type Wastegate Dump Sound though Yo! Lol

jnava

Staff member
It was entertaining at one time, but it gets old. I was daily driving it so eventually I got tired of it. I was just waiting to get an e316g so I could do everything at the same time, plus I had to get gaskets all around to replace the old ones. Just being patient.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned