The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

for those running speed density.

Brunoboy

whats your intake setup look like? Do any of you run a filter over the turbo inlet? Or just a Pipe to a filter? Pics would be nice. Thanks
-Shane

DynastyLCD

running a filter right on the turbo is possible, but may give you less than desirable IATs. i ran a smaller battery in the stock location, with a different hold-down setup, and an FP 4" intake/K&N filter. this was also with an FPgreen and a 4" to 3" reducer.

Brunoboy

Ive got a Evo316g and Battery relocated in the trunk....lol I just need to figure out what I am going to do since I am mounting the IAT Sensor on the TB and the map to the firewall. I ended up buying the SD Bundle from ECMLink so its all plug and play. I Sold my 2g intake pipe and I will be venting to Atmosphere.
-shane

WaRrIoRs16

I don't have any pics right now, but I just bought a 3" mandrel U-bend stainless pipe, cut it in half, welded it together, painted it, slapped a filter on one end and a Coupler on the other. I have the battery moved to the stock airfilter location.

Last edited:

DR1665

Not running it yet, but the plan is to reloc the batter to right behind the co-driver in the cabin, then work up something like Warrior16 did with the piping, only I'm going to seal off a cold air box behind the RF headlight and feed with with a NACA on the fender.

JSchleim18

I run a custom made 4" intake pipe with K&N filter to the turbo.

125765-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

mikus

I have heard anecdotally that there's benefits (besides heated filter or lower IAT) to an intake tube - air velocity/turbulance stuff, over my head.

My setup has a 3" dia, ~12" long elbowed pipe between filter & turbo. Sits facing up near battery. Post-intercooler still has
> MAFT still in (for switching, as I'm just messing around learning setups...),
> IAT on TB elbow,
> MAP on a 1/4" intake mani tap at far corner.

JSchleim18

Yes I heard that as well. You have more power with an intake pipe and filter setup than just an open turbo inlet. Also depends on the filter you run. IIRC EvoM had an intake test. The K&N didn't perform that well but I think it was an inferior K&N to the 4" filter that is about 9" long.

Terry Posten

See my rides post. The link is in my sig below.

As a side note - www.silconeintakes.com has aluminum and steel mandrel bent piping (where I got mine) for great prices.

rdomeck

I used a 3" Mandrel bend that I cut and welded a few times to go down under the frame rail and then cut a hole in the splash pan that is behind the right headlight to bring the pipe up through and put the filter right above that splash pan. Will post some pics tomorrow.

dsm10o0

you've seen how mine looks like. Lol

Brunoboy

Quoting dsm10o0:
you've seen how mine looks like. Lol

ROFL yea I have Nico, I thought about it to, and i dont think i could afford to run no filter ahaha.
-Shane

Terry Posten

Quoting omertaitalia:
terry did you make that oil cooler mount? i need that.

Yes I did.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned