The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil cooler diagram

centurion882

Hey anyone have diagram of oil cooler routing??? My car had it removed????? Thanks Dan

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

strokin4dr

Are you talking about an air-cooled oil cooler? If so, the 91-92 USDM model VR4's only came with the water-cooled units. Any that have air-cooled have be swapped from a jdm car, a '90 dsm or are custom.

boostedinaz

If you are talking about the stock water style cooler then the little nipple that faces up gets attached to the nipple off the water pipe closest to the water pump. The other nipple off the cooler that faces towards the passnager side of the car gets connected to that crazy bent pipe that goes up benind the turbo to a nipple on the thermostat housing.

If it's the other 90 style oil cooler it won't really matter how the cooler is hooked up to the OFH. The oil cooler itself isn't directional so as long as the oil flows through it you will be fine.

centurion882

Yes i am talking about the air cooled oil cooler in front of radiator do you have any diagrams???? thanks dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

centurion882

No I am talking about air cooled oil cooler in front of radiator any diagrams ????? thanks dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

ktmrider

Quoting centurion882:
Yes i am talking about the air cooled oil cooler in front of radiator do you have any diagrams???? thanks dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Like mentioned the GVR4 did NOT have the air-to-oil unit mounted in front of the radiator. Only US car(s) with them were the 1990 TEL models.

So if I/we are reading you correctly no one "removed" the cooler from your GVR4, they all had water-to-oil coolers.

strokin4dr

Post a pic of your oil filter housing so we can see what's going on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned