The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

are suspensions the same between our car and 1g awd dsms?

Brunoboy

I was wondering since so many things are swapable, are Bushings and endlinks and such all swapable between our cars and the 1g awd?

Launch

... Mostly.Put it this way; The things that make a VR4 a VR$ are not the same interchangable parts(Hyd. Rear end, power steering sys, 1st gear, ABS computer, hubs, etc) Other than that, yes, but I look at gvr4 stuff as specific to us, dsms just get a boost from it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Brunoboy

i meant like suspension bushings and such,

Brunoboy

so shocks and springs, coilovers and all fit as well?

fuel

yes. The 1G DSM is basically a 6G Galant platform turned into a coupe bodyshell.

Brunoboy

cool, ok so doesnt this make in so that any coilover setup for them , we can use as well? and i heard somewhere the spring lengths are different, if so, by how much?

SmoothCustomer

Quoting fuel:
yes. The 1G DSM is basically a 6G Galant platform turned into a coupe bodyshell.

Well, the springs will make it sit way too low in the back, but the struts are completely interchangeable and I believe that while coil overs could be made to work the ride is not optimal.

Brunoboy

hmm, yea i will just get BC's then lol. and atleast i know now that all the bushings are interchangeable/Compatible with both of our cars.

RyanInWheeling

From my understanding the 1g awd springs lower our cars about an inch. I actually just replaced my h&r springs with a set of 1g awd springs but havn't got it off the jack stands to compare.

Lightning1

I know with coilovers, the shocks have different part numbers because of the rear. The coilovers that are on my car were on a 1g and sat way too high, then when we put them on my gvr4 it was slammed in the rear, so the heights are different.

DynastyLCD

Quoting RyanInWheeling:
From my understanding the 1g awd springs lower our cars about an inch. I actually just replaced my h&r springs with a set of 1g awd springs but havn't got it off the jack stands to compare.

i used 1g AWD suspension on 73/1000. just changed the front tops to the GVR4 ones, and away we went. the struts themselves are the same part number. the 1g AWD springs made it sit a bit too low in the rear, and absolutely slammed it more in front than it did on my talon. if going the coilovers route, definetly get something GVR4 specific.

RyanInWheeling

the H&R's are gvr4 specific and i have had 1 awd on a gvr4 before and it sat fine but it had coilovers on it after the 1g awd's. If it all works out I will have it on the ground tomorrow so I'll try to post some pics

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned