The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coilovers

Brunoboy

I am considering either K-sports or BC racing, I know these have gotten really pricey but I want to go way lower than my Shock and Spring combo. I want first hand experience with either. Install problems? and how do they perform and what do you do with them? I want to know the sub-type of the coilover as well. Thanks
-Shane

boosted_85

I have a set ksports for less than 1 year and its been through one winter and I hate them. The springs are way too stiff for the street and to soft on the track. The so called valve adjustments doesn't work correctly as each one needs to be tuned separately and seems to be a open and close valve(each one is far off from its pair) . Also the rubber bushings mounts and sleeve for the rears and very cheap material as both of mines had to be replaced by ksports due to seizing. I'm pretty sure most coilovers under a grand suffer from the same problems. If you just want height adjustments they're fine I guess. If I was going to do it again i'll get hotbits or kws. Regardless they don't compare to my dynamics on my crx.

Street Surgeon

I have a set of KSports, I'd say stay away.

Brunoboy

What model do you both have and how many miles have you Put on it?

Street Surgeon

Kontrol Pro, 700ish

Brunoboy

what do you not like about it?

Street Surgeon

Quoting boosted_85:
The springs are way too stiff for the street and to soft on the track. The so called valve adjustments doesn't work correctly as each one needs to be tuned separately and seems to be a open and close valve(each one is far off from its pair) . Also the rubber bushings mounts and sleeve for the rears and very cheap material...

etc. etc.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in all honesty these KSports, D2's, Megans, probably the BC stuff is just junk. IMO the way to go is to either source a set of Koni's and GC's (AGX's might do since koni no longer makes the rears) or go all out and get a set of hotbits or super spendy stuff. Everything else is just pretty anodized cheap junk.

BrandonEchols

Why not get a nice set of used TEIN or something similar for the CE9A or CT9A evo chassis and drill the fronts/mod the rears as necessary?

Brunoboy

I've done the gr-2 HnR combo and blew the shocks and did the agx HnR combo and the same outcome. Now I have my viii/ix suspension in the fs ads and I know for sure these Evo suspension handles and rides better than the previous. I was thinking of doing Evo coilovers but for the price I can buy bc coils. I just want to know what everyone has to say about their setup.

makedollarz

I like my ksports. I've put 10,000 miles on them. I don't drive in the winter on them, but so far I have no complaints. Sure beats the stock setup.

Brunoboy

what submodel? and im starting to lean more to BC now.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Get an EVO setup or dish out the cash for some HotBits. Anything in between is not really worth it.

Brunoboy

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
Get an EVO setup or dish out the cash for some HotBits. Anything in between is not really worth it.

so do the evo mod on evo specific coils?

im rockin some cheap ass ground control coilovers agx gas adjusts n skunk2 springs no complaints haha

BrandonEchols

Quoting brunoboy:
Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:

so do the evo mod on evo specific coils?

Yes.
Grab a set of nice used Evo coilovers off ebay or EvoM, and then have the rears welded...and while you're at it, instead of drilling new holes for the evo tophats, buy a set of the GVR4 TEIN camber plates that Garfield is doing a GB for in the FS section...we need more orders to make it happen and that way you're not hacking up the car.

Brunoboy

evo rear tophats work for our cars? I am not sure because my evo suspension right now uses the gvr4/dsm tein pillow ball mounts.
-shane

Brunoboy

do you guys know if anyone else has done this?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts