The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Will a HX35 in a BEP T3 housing fitr on a ERL manifold?

milkandoj

Has anyone fitted a HX35 (or hx40 as i believe the compressor cover is the same size) in a BEP T3 0.7 housing, with an ERL manifold? I know it will clear the block and water pipe, but I’m concerned about the radiator as GVR4 has less clearance than dsm's.

I want to keep the stock full size radiator, i already have slim line fans, but don’t want have to go to a civic style half radiator for the compressor cover to fit. As the ERL angles the turbo so far forward to provide great clearance for the engine, I’m questioning if it will clear the radiator on my GVR4.

I have yet to find where someones used a HX35 in a T3 BEP on an ERL manifold, if you have id love to know before i buy the ERL!

milkandoj

bump, anyone fitted a hx35 with the T2 BEP housing? Even on a custom T3 manifold?

snohacking

click

Look about half way down. It might be very very close, but more then likey it will not fit a stock full size radiator. Slim line fans in the back of radiator is a no go.

Last edited:

dsm10o0

If you wanna run a full core radiator, get a 1g radiator and ill tuck under the support to free up a little more room. They are a little shorter.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned