The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO 8 Brembo's on a VR4 Question

GSX_TC

Ok so Will JDM EA5A/EA6A Galant Steering Knuckles MR369425 & MR369426 found on restyled (1998+) Galants EA5A (sedan) and EA6A (wagon) Fit on my Galant? the reason im asking is because i wanna run EVO 8 brembos for the front and apparently these are the ones that allow you to do this but this was done for a 2G though. so what im asking is will these JDM Knuckles bolt up to a USDM galant VR4?

IncorpoRatedX

2G front knuckes are totally different. Won't work.

I've been trying to find someone to sell me a frond evo knuckle so i can strip it down and see if i can make it work on a GVR4

use the search, this topic has been gone over quite a few times.

GSX_TC

Dammit! so much for that idea... so what JDM knuckle will work for our cars then?

IncorpoRatedX

don't recall, im trying to get an evo 8 knuckle since the front suspension is similar, i think i may be able to use one, wont know til i get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GSX_TC

there's a guy on tuners that makes brackets to bolt up to our knuckles. i might just go that route

QnzMostWanted

i know for a fact that the evo brembos fit on the 99+ USDM galant/00+ eclipse with minor modifications (with the rear) fronts are bolt on, they share a similar front strut as the GVR4 just a thought maybe those might work...the setups are similar, im sure those would be cheaper and easier to find to test out vs finding evo ones

Last edited:

Tre3zy

Arent garfield in the process of making the brackets for this so you can run it???

GSX_TC

oh wow I hope so, that would be amazing man. I'd def get a set. would the EVO 8 brembo's bolt up to our rear ones?

Jordangvr4

Nothing yet has been made up for the rear's to fit I believe and if so you'll loose the e-brake. As for the frt.spindals you don't need no jdm nor other spindals to make them work.

GSX_TC

yeah i'll prob just get that bracket to bolt them on from the guy on tuners, but if Garfield has some i'll get his

GSX_TC

i would like to do the front and the rears, i hope my 18's will clear them. they should though

GSX_TC

My rims are 18X7.5 i believe the offset is +40, not sure on the rears of the EVO 8

H05TYL

Whether they clear of not is all down to the shape of the spokes, not the offset.

brembo.png

GSX_TC

here is a pic of my spokes on the rim. i dont know if this helps

IMG_2284.jpg

BrandonEchols

To do the rears and keep the e-brake you'll need 3000GT VR4 rear trailing arms, they use a drum-in-disc design like the Evo...
The guy you'll need to get in touch with goes by the name of KMV over on DSM Tuners, brackets ran me $150 shipped, with all the hardware you'll need.
I'm in the process of sorting the particulars out right now - the rear evo rotors being larger and with a higher hat than the stock rotors - so I think a spacer will be needed.
Everyone I talked to said the 3000GT rear arms were bolt on, but that's not what I've found - mine needed some die grinder modifications, and I haven't even got them fitted yet. I'll do a write up when I get everything sorted, but it's a process for sure.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

dam thanks for that great info brandon! I'll def be contacting you about this so i can do the same thing.

Brunoboy

Quoting BrandonEchols:
To do the rears and keep the e-brake you'll need 3000GT VR4 rear trailing arms, they use a drum-in-disc design like the Evo...
The guy you'll need to get in touch with goes by the name of KMV over on DSM Tuners, brackets ran me $150 shipped, with all the hardware you'll need.
I'm in the process of sorting the particulars out right now - the rear evo rotors being larger and with a higher hat than the stock rotors - so I think a spaced will be needed.
Everyone I talked to said the 3000GT rear arms were bolt on, but that's not what I've found - mine needed some die grinder modifications, and I haven't even got them fitted yet. I'll do a write up when I get everything sorted, but it's a process for sure.

please take a lot of pictures when doing the write up. Thanks
-Shane

bobdole

Mike from looking at your wheels I would say no on clearing the Brembo brakes. For Brembo setup you need a high pad wheel. The spoke design can help to clear the brakes, but it really boils down to the back pad of the wheel.

GSX_TC

lol yeah i know right, but what if i got one of those adapter plates that bolts up to our factory knuckles? wouldnt there not be any clearance issues? because theoretically they should fit since they bolt up in the same location as the stock caliper. even though they are greater in size though.

boostedinaz

^^^^

The caliper is much wider than the stock caliper. Only certain wheels will fit and size and offest will only be part of the equation. You have to make sure that what ever wheels you get will have plenty of clearence between the spokes and calipers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts