The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vacuum Line Routing?

Just finishing up on my head install and not sure where to route a couple of my vacuum lines, I've seen the voodoo diagrams but this is a little different.

For the bov line, can I just connect the line from the bov to the ic pipe right next to it? I'm not sure if the vacuum source would matter if it before the throttle body or after, sourcing it to the intake manifold.
Also, on my other dsm's I've always just blocked off the ports on the throttle body but on one of the diagrams it shows you can use the "p" port as a source, it shows to a boost gauge. I just want to confirm if it'll work and read correctly. Can the other throttle body ports be used as a vacuum source or should I just block the rest of them off?

Thanks

broxma

It matters.

The vacuum to move the BOV comes from the vacuum in the manifold. There are really only two vacuum lines needed on the car. One to the BOV and one to the FPR. There is a smaller port on the right front of the manifold and a larger one, on the front left. Those are the ones I use. You can T the right side smaller port for the boost gauge.

/brox

What about the fuel pressure solenoid? It won't get messed up or anything? And for the boost gauge I can't use the "p" port on the throttle body?

MuffinMan7580

The fuel pressure solenoid is not needed to have the car run. I believe it has something to do with super cold starts.

broxma

I mentioned the Fuel Pressure solenoid (FPR). You actually don't need a line to it to start or idle the car. The boost to the FPR is what increases the fuel pressure with boost, nothing more. You can run it directly to the manifold.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned