The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dsmlink v3?

Alright so im on a mission get 926/1ooo on good tune....im runnin v2.5 now but not to impressed outta throttle to idles my a/f drops dwn to mid 11s in turn my car wants to die n sometimes does haha boost leak maybe....vacume? Im outta options in my head so figured some pros would know ......im to the point were im thinkin its a tuning issue

4thStroke

V3 is much better. There is a lot more control over min/max octane timing and fuel maps as well as numerous other things.

Boost leak test the car, if that doesn't help, also check to see if the idle motor and switch are working properly. Is the O2 sensor cycling properly at idle and cruise? You aren't venting your bypass valve to atmosphere and using a Mitsubishi MAF, are you?

Dark_Horse

Do a boost leak test. If your car runs like sh*t, the 1st thing you should do is a boost leak test. If the boost leak test shows that everything is okay, the 2nd thing I'd do is go back to the 1G MAF. If those 2 things don't fix it, then you can turn your attention elsewhere.

Buying V3 won't fix your drivability problems.

Also, what size injectors are you running/what's your global/deadtime? Post a log.

Last edited:

fixed small boost leak still havin issues with outta throttle to idle.......im really thinkin its a tuning issue iv checked everything from vacume to fuel delivery

prove_it

also have you got your isc set to run around the 30 mark? what's your airflow per rev at idle, should be around 25

My airflow is around 25 im runnin 75os for injectors....global I have no clue on carz performance did my tuning so I have no clue wats wat at this point

Dark_Horse

Go to the fuel tab in DSMlink and check out your global and deadtime settings. Assuming you're running FIC 750's, your global should be -40% or so and deadtime is 330.

Post a log showing the problem.

Eaglesfly

Like mentioned before, V3 isn't going to fix your problems; however V3 does provide smoother driveability and much more fine tuning control. I actually run an EVO 8 base timing and fuel map and couldn't be happier.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned