The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2step doesnt work after clutchwire mod

MellowVR4

ok, as title says. 2step does not work on 372/2000, i have a keydiver chip and i did the clutchwire mod and nothing, this same ecu and chip where on 417/1000 and it worked fine. i can select what rpm's i want it to go off on . But i step on the clutch and rev it up but nothing. any suggestions. need this to work so i can go to the track. any help will be appreciated. thnx

MellowVR4

yes same chip, how can i tell if the clutch switch is good. i mean my car still starts when u put the clutch in, unless the switch can be bad and still start the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

MellowVR4

i would think if the switch wasnt working properly it will cause the car not to start.

Brunoboy

how did you wire the clutch wire? which wire did you cut? and which wire in the Ecu did you splice? Is the clutch switch plugged in or no?

MellowVR4

i did everything exactly like the keydiver instructions gave. plus i did this excat same process on 417/1000 and it worked the first i tried it. so idk whats happening this time around on this vr4.

Xcelerate

You should check it manually first. Manually ground the wire by hand and see if you can activate the 2step option. If not then the chip might be corrupted. You all should really bypass the clutch startup. Thats one cause of the main bearings premature wear.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned