The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tranny case and sealing it.

boostedinaz

In my journey to get 1101 back on the road I have found a few interesting things. The one that has me the most concerned is the tranny case. It looks like who ever pulled it out thought that the tranny would come off the bell housing kinda like an old T5 or the like. They took a majority of the bolts that hold the bell housing to the case off but I don't know if it was seperated from the rest of the case.

I have a few questions. The first is can the bell housing even be seperated without taking the whole case apart? If not what is the likely hood of the tranny leaking from that area if the bolts were simply removed? If it can be seperated could I seperate them again maybe a 1/2" to put some new silicone back in there without screwing up the internals?

I really don't want to put a freshly cleaned and painted tranny back in a freshly cleaned car only for it leak all over the place. Any help is appreciated.

pauleyman

If you're concerned then take it apart and reseal it. Not it does not come away from the bell housing. Not possible. If it's clean and not in the car then fix it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts