The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSM lowering springs on Evo struts.

thedsmguy

What happens? Is the front or the back to low? They seem to be the same circumference and fit the struts well.

I cant find anything via a search on this subject.

Thanks.

DynastyLCD

Paul, my setup is 1g springs all the way around, and 1g struts on gvr4 tops, and my back sits too low. so i guess if you had a 1g rear strut and you put it next to the evo strut, you could use the relation of where the spring perch is on each one to give you that answer.

Rears are going to sit too low. In addition the DSM rear springs are a little wider than the Evo 8/9 perch.

Armitage

FWIW I put Evo Espelir ASD springs on in the front and left the back with the stock Evo8 springs. This lowers the front about 1" and keeps the back right where it should be. It also gets you back to stiffer springs in the front and less stiff in the back which is "normal" for the GVR4.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned