The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brake pedal switch problem

Tre3zy

ok so i just recently started to have problems with my brake pedal switch... it keeps blowing out the 15A(STOP) fuse from under the dash board... i changed the pedal switch to a brand new one and its still doing the same thing... any idea's on where i should check next???

Tre3zy

Any body got the wiring diagram for it???

Brunoboy

did you hook up any other electrical like gauges or anything to that power wire?

Tre3zy

Nope... Seems to be a grounding issue... Need to chase where the problem is... So i need a wiring diagram

Brunoboy

oh ok, good luck, i gotta track this damn foglight bs down lol

This may be a dumb question, but why are you certain that it is the brake switch? Reason i ask is that iirc the bulbs are powered off of that fuse under a stopping condition. Bulb failures are a major source of frustation for me with two of my DD's, and because one of them has a "light control module", I get stupid readouts on the dash that vary from "right brake light open circuit" to "turn signal circuit shorted to ground", and it has always been a damn bulb. In one of my DD's I have resorted to putting direct replacement LED bulbs in at $20 a pair because they last a year instead of 2 months.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned