The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

any short shifter

a2vr4

a 1g short shifter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif If I understand you correctly, the shift arm and possibly new bushings should be all you need. Are you asking about a stock 1g shift arm(which is shorter then the stock gvr4) or an after market "short throw" shift arm?
~Brian A. Moreno

Brunoboy

at the end of it all, if a stock 1g shifter fits in the car no problems, i THINK a short shifter made for a 1g would fit no problem as well.

Whoodoo

Search...

A 1g shifter with be a direct bolt in, but may be too short. I modified a 3kgt shifter in order to get a shorter throw without making the shift knob too far away.

alansupra94

I believe I have a 1G shifter. Throw seems very short and nice to me.

curtis

oldman_tau

thanks for the reply guys. because i tried the 1g shifter and i couldnt shift to 3 and 4th gear it kept on hitting the base of it. thanks

a2vr4

sounds like an adjustment issue... check in if you are still having issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
~Brian A.Moreno

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned