The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g mas with separate Ait

vtecds1

Anyone ever run a 2gmas and hook up a ait sensor post intercooler(near throttlebody)? I figured that it would get a more accurate temp reading after the ic rather than the heat soak air coming in from the filter.

PreskitVR4

You and I know this to be true, however, Mitsu designed the ECU with the AIT where it is. I think this would be a soulution in search of a problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

AnotherNewb

Not to post jack but same topic, what about a seperate ait sensor when using a maf-t. Its my understanding the reason they are so inconsistant is because the maft leaves the intake temp at a fixed temp.

vtecds1

Quoting PreskitVR4:
You and I know this to be true, however, Mitsu designed the ECU with the AIT where it is. I think this would be a soulution in search of a problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Its really early in the morning, so its kinda hard to understand the meaning of your last statement... But It crossed my mind because the last log i made with V3, my ait temp was between 130-160. Although it was idleing for 20 or so minutes in 80degree weather...but even so, i drove it around for 10 minutes and the temp was hovering around the same numbers. Here are my options that i came up with...

1. Header wrap-$50
2. Air filter box(which i just did)-free
3. Ram air/relocate my filter in the wheel well-$50 to $80
4. Unplug the wires for the ait temp in the mas and run a sensor near the throttle body. -$20-$30?

Although i have'nt made any logs with the filter box...I'm pretty sure, I'm not going to see a huge drop(50-70) like the temps I've seen in the Ecmlink forums. And even if i did...the temp would not be the same when it passes through the intercooler.

Last edited:

PreskitVR4

my point is, the ECU "knows" that the AIT is in the MAF. it knows that it passes through an IC. it knows how much fuel to add for the given temp. I have AEM, i have seen the huge difference in AI temps. my GM AIT threads directly into my TB elbow. A piggyback called Map ECU specifically directs you to put their AIT in as close to stock position as possible.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned