The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pocket logger installed ECU -- Can someone tell me about this? -- PICS --

I am just trying to figure out what exactly this ECU has done to it..
The guy I bought the car from said he only used the pocket logger as a OBD device to read his engine codes..
So he did not know anything about it.

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

quicktsi

I would suggest contacting Thomas Dorris at ECM tuning. I think him or Dave Mertz are on this board. If not you can email him on his site to take a look at your thread here. I am no expert, but some spots on the back of the board look questionable.

Did you check with, pocketlogger?

click

I have not checked with them yet.. Though the ECU works fine, and I did notice the almost moldy like residue on the back of the board. I will call ECM tuning and inquire.

Thanks,
Chris D.

Brianawd

That may be a tmo chip.

Terry Posten

The residue on the back is rosen flux and does not hurt anything.

That was the original logger setup form years gone by.

Keydiver also did a few of those as well.

sk8bored

Keydiver ECU stage one, it has NLTS with the clutch wire mod and the rev limiter was raised 500rpm, octane reset and I think the stock boost gauge reflects knock now, and i think stutterbox was thrown in too, the caps were replaced as well.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned