The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question for ECM Link users... logging boost...

SleepinGVR4

Ok so I wanted to install a map sensor to log boost but here's the problem....

I run an EVO 8 MAF and want to keep my factory 02 sensor. The only way I see I can do this is if I move my WB to the factory 02 position on the 02 housing and use the narrowband simulation option on ECMLink.

One of the reasons I don't want to do this is because I'm using an AEM WB and like everyone knows their not 100% accurate with ECM Link. Plus I'd have to rewire it at the ECU again, by moving the one wire from the EGR pin to the 02 pin.

And I can't use any of the other pins on the ECU because I'm still running a Mitsu MAF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I wish there was another pin on the ECU to log from.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

spooling92vr4

Yes, you seem to have hit the nail on the head.. you would have to use narrowband sim and use the egr to log boost. Unless you get rid of the Mitsubishi maf by switching to sd or gm maf translato.

mikus

yup, you're changing hardware or you're busted. Hop on the SD bandwagon, you'll open a few up.

prove_it

SD FTW all you need is a GM IAT wired in and a good tuner. I switched without a compensated maf and had zero trouble dialing it in. I just slowly made adjustments to the VE table til everything lined up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned