The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just got the car back from kings performance orlando, florida

Hey guys, two days ago I got my car back from kings performance in orlando, florida. They specialize in high performance imports. My total bill came out to 1500 which included custom intercooler piping, custom intake, timing belt install, fmic install, fuel pump install, exhaust install with custom hangers, aftermarket steering wheel install, ac compressor and dryer install and a couple other misc things.... after getting the car back more problems began to show...I think my wheel bearings are shot (vibration at 45+mph), steering wheel has to be turned almost halfway to the left to drive straight (possibly steering wheel install was done wrong or alignment is way off) what do you guys think? My ac is still broken after spending 300 dollars so far to try and get it fixed (I was told my expansion valve is broken). Suspension is rattling and knocking pretty bad as well...can anyone help shed some light on a good place to buy wheel bearings and can any place install them? Also my automatic seatbelts are acting up and my passenger rear door doesn't unlock when the other 3 doors do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Any possible answers to that?

IncorpoRatedX

good job, you threw 1500 at performance work for a 20 year old car and thought it would roll out of the shop magically in tip top shape...

That's not actually what I expected. I was giving everyone little update on my car before getting into the new problems I found. And I kind of wanted advice on the questions I asked. That was all sir.

mpt72

Ah, when I hear other vr4 problems I smile, as I realize that I'm not alone in my struggle to fight the good fight and get the galant back to tip top shape! I think you should put your car on jacks, pull front tires off, and go through suspension parts, bearings, etc... until everything looks as if it is in good shape. Repeat for the back as well. Get it aligned, ask their opinion. That's where I would start.

Terry Posten

To check to see if the steering wheel is on straight, turn the wheel to lock, turn other way to lock counting the turns and then turn back to exactly half way. See if the wheels are straight ahead.

Adjust as nessissary. If it still pulls, take it to an alignment shop. But make sure all the wheel bearings, tie rods (inner and outers), ball joints, struts, tires are in perfect working order or you are wasting your money.

Last edited:

Well, I wouldn't call it a fight yet with the car. I have only had the car for a couple months and almost the whole two months I never drove it. I forsee an expensive war with the car however..I still love the car and will not give up. Thanks for the advice! If I cannot get the car to Garfield I will turn to some local mitsu gurus...

Quoting Terry Posten:
To check to see if the steering wheel is on straight, turn the wheel to lock, turn other way to lock counting the turns and then turn back to exactly half way. See if the wheels are straight ahead.

Adjust as nessissary. If it still pulls, take it to an alignment shop. But make sure all the wheel bearings, tie rods (inner and outers), ball joints, struts, tires are in perfect working order or you are wasting your money.

Thanks, will do in the am!

you got a lot done for 1500 in my opinion! she just needs a lil more TLC. stick with it.

1badgvr4

Pm me your number im gonna refer you to a good buddy of mine that will get your car straight.

spooling92vr4

Quoting spoolinturbo:
you got a lot done for 1500 in my opinion! she just needs a lil more TLC. stick with it.

This... I know 1500 is alot but it don't seem like that bad of a deal for all the work they did

Eaglesfly

Quoting evox2vr4:
Well, I wouldn't call it a fight yet with the car. I have only had the car for a couple months and almost the whole two months I never drove it. I forsee an expensive war with the car however..I still love the car and will not give up. Thanks for the advice! If I cannot get the car to Garfield I will turn to some local mitsu gurus...

Feel free to hit me up. I'm always doing side work on DSM's and am just south of Orlando. I'm going through the process of identifying all the parts that need replacing while I'm tearing things apart for paint work. There's a few local guys that are really sharp with VR-4's as well.

boostx

Hey kings performance is about 15mins from me.

Hi stacy,

I see u on orldsm....i would really appreciate help on this car. I bought it from james waters and it needs a lot of work. My number is 4076170087, jonathan...

boostx

I just PM you my # hit me up later

Eaglesfly

Quoting evox2vr4:
Hi stacy,

I see u on orldsm....i would really appreciate help on this car. I bought it from james waters and it needs a lot of work. My number is 4076170087, jonathan...

Jonathan, I'd be glad to help you get the car straightened out. I'll PM you my number as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned