The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need help on spark plugs

trying to find the right spark plug if any body know the part number i heard ngk are good the set up im using is hks cams ferrea valves evo 8 springs stock pistons and a 20g turbo with 880cc injectors

mooserage

Staff member
What he said ^^^ Been using them for years and they work great at a low price. Just call up your local parts dealer and tell em you have an NGK part number. If you really wanna be baller you could get the Iridiums: BPR7EIX But, it is still up for debate whether these really make a difference or not, plus they are twice the price I believe. Good luck.

curtis

BR7ES 5122's same as above except no P which stands for protruded tip. Lots of evo guys are going to these at .018 to .022 gap cures misfire issues and seems to react better to higher ignition timing.

I haven't ran them but the local guys swear by them.

dlesser

Wow, never considered going without the protruded tip. I often will get blowout where the boost literally blows the spark out. I will have to give the non protruded tip a test in both the EVO and the Galant. Thanks for the info!

I only run the non-protruded tips. Never had any problems blowing out spark.

boostx

Quoting curtis:
BR7ES 5122's same as above except no P which stands for protruded tip. Lots of evo guys are going to these at .018 to .022 gap cures misfire issues and seems to react better to higher ignition timing.
I haven't ran them but the local guys swear by them.

Good to know. Tks man

Eaglesfly

I've been using the BPR7ES for years but am going to try Curtis' suggestion since I've been having issues at 35+ psi. I'm also going one more heat range colder in hopes of adding some more timing.

123abc

Just for giggles, I snapped a pic of them at work:

081511120747.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts