The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch disengagement

Brunoboy

I am running a XTD Stage 4 6 puck unsprung, Extended rod, TRE stage 2 trans, new TOB, new clutch fork, I just replaced the Master Cylinder yesterday since the old one was leaking in the boot.The stiffness of the pedal isnt as stiff as when I first put the clutch in as well. but I am pretty sure I got all the air out. With the MC Rod adjusted to the last thread I still get hard shifting, and the clutch grabs maybe an inch or so from the floor. I dont know whats going on. I used to be able to drive it no problem but then this problem arised and I need help solving it. Thanks
-Shane

Brunoboy

anyone know why my clutch is dragging?

Brunoboy

The trans was set up by fftec in northern Cali , I have a ss line as well.

Diego

Shane,

Do this, Toybreaker showed me this so I will lead by example.

Take off the master, ( I know its stupid, but its simple and fast) take it apart and look down the barrel of the cylinder ( your looking for pitting,groves,marks,scours ) if there is such inside, take a metal coat hanger, bend it up to where it will fit in the cylinder while holding a piece of brillo or scratch pad to the coat hanger (make a loop and run a piece into the loop wrap it around the hanger and fill the cylinder with some brake fluid ) ( SLOWLY turn the tool you made inside the cylinder ) pull it out, spray the cylinder clean, and inspect. Also if you bought a rebuild like I did, it didnt work for me and John had to go source another master for me.

If your master checks out, BENCH BLEED the master before installing back on the car to make sure it is pushing fluid out the port, then reinstall.

Diego

Brunoboy

It is a brand new MC, what is bench bleeding? I've heard it about it but have no idea the process on doing this. Please if you know, let me know.
-Shane

Diego

Bench bleeding is as follows.
1. MC in hand, pull plundger out and put a bit of fluid in it, don't fill it but enough to where when your re-install the plundger (SC) and push it down it will squirt fluid out.
(Is the MC OEM or aftermarket?) (If it works skip to 3)

2. If it doesn't squirt fluid, put your thumb over the hole and push down, you will here it bubble, take your finger off and it should release the brake fluid out the hole.
(To fix source and OEM MC and replace)

3.Reinstall, bleed, check all lines, adjustment of the rod on MC, and all bolts the connect near the slave for tightness.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

It's a beck and arnley replacement. I will check that out ASAP, th clutch is dragging bad.

Diego

Same problem I had, turned out the MC I bought was bad.

Brunoboy

Deng, I really hope it isnt a bad MC. I will try doing everything mentioned first.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned